By Lucky Allure
The chilly weather during the upcoming months can easily damage your hair leading upto breakage and split ends. Curly/ wavy hair usually suffers the worst end of this deal. Being a curly head myself, I’ve struggled most of my life trying to figure out how to tame my mane!
Here’s a few useful techniques and tricks that I swear by and have been following for a while now. No more secrets!
- Shampoo less specially during Winter. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair I’d recommend shampooing your hair not more than twice a week as this may lead up to a dry scalp and more breakage.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Water is the key for a healthy hair and a glowing skin.
- Use Leave in conditioner with extra moisture. As I mentioned earlier, naturally curly or wavey hair is sensitive to cold weather. Hence a Leave in conditioner packed in with extra moisture is the best solution in this case.
Here are a couple of my favourite products that I’ve been using.
Macadamia Leave in conditioner
Paul Mitchell Twirl Around Leave in conditioner that defines curls
Both these hair products can be purchased at Nazih Cosmetics branches in Qatar.
4. Invest on a weekly Deep conditioning Hair care treatment
Hair is bound to dry out during winter due to the lack of moisture in the air inside your home/work place etc. This is why it’s imperative to use a Deep conditioning treatment .
The product that I love using is the Macadamia deep repair masque which can also be purchased at Nazih Cosmetics showrooms.
5.Take it easy on using heat-heavy hair styling as all the heat will further result in hair breakage and split ends. However, If you must use hair curlers, straighteners or Blow dryers to style your hair make sure to always use a Heat protection spray/ product
6 Scalp build up due to an oily secretion called sebum usually accumulates alongside sweat, dead skin cells on the scalp and hair products. Specially ladies with oily hair will find their hair going extraordinarily limp during winter. Using a dry shampoo to tackle this situation is way better than regularly shampooing your hair. So , invest in a good dry shampoo or a thickening tonic to help style your hair during these cold months.
7. Eventhough a steamy shower is all so tempting and is usually what you’ll be looking for during these chilly months, hot water can zap moisture from your hair making it brittle and more vulnerable to breaking. When it comes to washing my hair, I always wash it with luke warm water and follow with a cool rinse instead.
8. Finally, the most important of all.
Eating a healthy diet full of vitamins is the best way to maintain a good looking and healthy hair. Also make sure to drink plenty of water to keep your hair and scalp hydrated. Add up on some Biotin dietary supplements. I like mine chewy.. Hence take 2 chewable Biotin gummies a day. This can be obtained from any pharmacy.
Make sure you follow these tips to have strong and healthy hair. Keep in mind, a little extra care will make a big difference.
Photography: Photo Phactory BY PRADEEP
Makeup: Vessy Ves
Model: Lucky Allure