Director of Sales
Millennium Plaza Doha
In this pandemic and the global fight against Covid-19, Millennium Plaza Doha has stepped up precautionary and safety measures to ensure that the Hotel will be a welcoming sanctuary for guests.
Qatar is gradually lifting Covid-19 restrictions in four phases
Complementing mandatory preventive measures by government authorities, we are continuously habilitating our campaign the “We Clean. We Care. We Welcome”
Precautionary measures under the campaign are:
We clean our hotel rigorously to ensure a comfortable stay for guests by implementing 10 key hallmarks of cleanliness and safety.
We care for employees by introducing additional measures that have been undertaken
to create an environment that ensures their safety and well-being.
We welcome our guests with the same warmth, eagerness and hospitality that Millennium Plaza Doha has always been known for. All our employees stand united and are fully committed towards overcoming these trying times together.
Millennium Plaza Doha has always maintained high levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
To further enhance health and safety protocols, we have introduced the following 10 Key Hallmarks, which will be implemented in the jurisdictions in which the hotels operates to the extent applicable based on local health authority guidelines.
1. Higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene – To obtain local authority hygiene accreditations (e.g. Qatar Clean, HACCP) where relevant.
2. Appropriate checks on arrival for guests and employees – For example, temperature checks for all guests and/or collection of guest health declaration forms in certain jurisdictions.
3. Disinfection kits easily available to guests and employees – Sanitizers, masks and anti-bacterial wipes available at guest contact areas (e.g. lobby, restaurants, meeting rooms).
4. Frequent and regular sanitization of high-contact points – High-contact points will be sanitized on a regular basis depending on frequency of use (e.g. elevator buttons, door handles, etc.).
5. Use of technology to enhance guest experience and safety – Deploy
contactless technology where possible to minimize physical contact (e.g. Epayment,
QR code ordering system, contactless check-in/check-out).
6. Ensure higher cleanliness and hygiene standards during guest stay –
Mandatory use of disinfectants for sanitization of contact points (e.g. bedding, room furniture, TV remote).
7. Enforce safe distancing measures as precaution – Recommended minimum of one-meter distance for interactions between guests and/or employees.
8. Higher food safety standards – Enhanced food safety protocols, deep cleaning and meals served individually.
9. Appropriate health and safety gear – Regular use of Personal Protective Equipment, when appropriate, to ensure the health and safety of guests and employees.
10. Hygiene ambassadors to ensure measures are implemented – A hygiene ambassador in each hotel will ensure that employees are trained with the latest processes and procedures to enhance guest safety and comfort.
In this challenging environment and beyond, Millennium Plaza Doha has adopted a universal approach and continues to review processes and procedures to ensure all areas meet stakeholders’ needs in real time.
We remain committed in placing the safety and wellbeing of guests and employees as a top priority. We stand united with the world and continues to be positive in this global battle.